We all need to take decisions in life at every moment for various things and we often hear people saying that they find it hard to make decisions.
In its simplest statement, decision-making is the act of choosing between two or more courses of action.
In the wider process of problem-solving, decision-making involves choosing between possible solutions to a problem. Decisions can be made through either an intuitive or reasoned process, or a combination of the two.
Problem-solving & Decision making is one of the leadership skills that successful professionals are expected to have, yet many struggles with the simplest of decisions.
Decision making can be hard at times and almost every decision involves some conflicts or dissatisfaction. The difficult part is to pick one solution where the positive outcome can outweigh possible losses. Avoiding decisions often seem easier in a short term, but it has its own consequences.Fortunately, problem-solving and decision making are skills that can be improved upon.
Here are some steps to which should help in the decision-making process:
1) Time your decisions, do not delay
2) Keep egos and emotions out of the decision-making process
3) Take advice and opinion of a subject matter expert
4) Collect right data and information and analyze the same
5) Brainstorm and list all the possible choices
6) Evaluate and determine the best alternative
7) Understand the risks and plan accordingly.